Friday, July 1, 2011

First Week

Hi guys!

Today ended a very busy week.

I started my new job, and orientation was chaotic. I had no idea where I was going after I showed up on Monday morning. No one know where I was supposed to be, and on Wednesday they told me to report to the wrong hospital. I got to my main hospital on Wednesday at 7 a.m., and they told me that I should go to the other hospital 30 minutes away at 8. Of course it wasn't my fault, but it didn't make me feel very comfortable with my new job!

On Wednesday I learned that my position was different than what I originally thought. HR, my boss, and I definitely weren't on the same page.

It made for an awful Wednesday night before I got everything sorted through on Thursday . . . I'm still questioning what I'm actually doing. I feel like there's only so much you can learn in an interview . . .

Today I was finally in my department training. I wrote my first "official" order as a pharmacist. Normally, someone else has to sign off on everything I do. While I had help today, no one else had to sign my work. It was kinda cool :-)

Overall, everyone seems pretty nice, and I think it will be a good position. Being a new grad is so hard though!

I think I might have to spend some time at the pool before tackling my four day week after the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment