Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Frustrated

I am nearing the end of my official hospital training. Granted, I am still a new grad, so there will be lots of people watching over me even though there it doesn't say "training" on my schedule.

It is somewhat frustrating. My friends who work for bigger hospitals are in training forever. My hospital is a lot smaller. I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

I've gained a lot of knowledge in the past month, but I feel like it will be many more weeks until I'm entirely confident. One of my co-workers told me that it will probably take me at least 6 months until I feel 100% comfortable.

It's hard because there are a lot of other new people right alongside me. In some ways it makes things easier, but I can't always get the attention I need. Nursing is getting frustrated with us too.

One of my jobs is medication reconciliation or "med rec" for short. I go to the patient's rooms and find out what medicines they were taking at home so that they can be continued in the hospital. Apparently, most people do a ton of these in pharmacy school. Somehow, I missed that memo.

Overall, I have a lot of anxiety today. I have the next two days off and work the weekend. Hopefully that will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment