Saturday, July 9, 2011

Handwriting

After being incredibly spoiled and have the advantage of being at several hospitals where everything is typed into a computer, I've returned to the stone age of paper charts.

I forgot how hard it was to read doctor's handwriting!

I honestly think that learning how to read the different scripts of the hospitalists on staff will be the hardest part of my training.

It's sort of appalling how many mistakes could be made just because of HANDWRITING!

I wonder how the computer will change things as we continue moving forward :-)

1 comment:

  1. HAha, This is how I felt at St. Vincent trying to read charts!! I don't understand why people are so rude to write so horribly when they know someone else has to decipher it and it affects someone's health!! CRazy!

    ReplyDelete